You are a Network and Security Engineer for the NetSol Consulting Private Limited, which is a leading network and security provider for the small and medium scaled offices.
Task 1: The company is utilizing a layer-by-layer approach to implement the security. Using your expert knowledge on TCP/IP Model and its layers, sketch the TCP/IP protocols and identify at least one protocol used by each layer.
Task 2: At each level of the TCP/IP model, there are security vulnerabilities and therefore, security prevention measures that can be taken to ensure that enterprise applications are protected. As a network and security engineer, your task is to identify the security threats, requirements and propose a solution on each layer.
Task 3: Your task is to propose a network design for the small, scaled company and sketch a basic logical network diagram of the office with 5 departments. You are free to assume:
- Name of the Office and Departments
- Networking Hardware’s such as routers, switches, hubs, modems wireless access points, firewalls etc.
The report should be prepared in Microsoft word and uploaded on to the Blackboard. The word limit of the report is 2000 words. The report should be a properly constructed as an academic report. The report should include references in IEEE style.
Prepare your article as below
- Go to the IEEE website and download the WORD template for the format.
- Another link for the template:
- Read and familiarise yourself with the instructions carefully.
- Prepare a paper using the IEEE format and the example attached. Follow the template if there are any confusions. Also, refer to the link below to have ideas about how to start (see section 6). (https://www.ieee.org/publications_standards/publications/authors/author_guide_interactive.pdf)
- Complete the assignment including all the sections below. The number of words will be counted thoroughly and you must keep the minimum number of words to avoid any penalties.
- Title (maximum 15 words)
- Abstract (100 – 250 words)
- Introduction (500 – 1000 words)
- Literature Review (500 – 1000 words)
- Main body (400 – 1000 words)
- Conclusion (200 – 300 words)
- Future Works (150 – 300 words)
- References (minimum 5 references)
- The article must be a ‘Review’ article, including at least 5 references and not more than 25.
- Strictly follow the IEEE reference format for in-body citations and the references section.
- See the attached files for guidance on how to prepare a review paper. You can also find thorough instructions from IEEE and the Internet.
- Contents must include:
- History and background of the topic
- Challenges and drawbacks
- Examine the security tools based on your selected topic.
- Possible options (solutions) and future research areas proposed
- Include a minimum of two (2) figures to show the overall concept and summarised overview of the topic from the review of minimum 10 – 15 (but not limited to) papers
Remember to strictly follow the template and the instructions above to avoid penalties.
- The assignment should be submitted on the Moodle in two separate files:
- The report should be submitted as a Word file
- Do not use Wikipedia as a source or a reference.
- Make sure you properly reference any diagram/graphics used in the assignment.