You are a new system engineer at the Melbourne Institute of Systems, Australia. Your company wishes to extend its operations to another floor as the business booming. Most of the office workers are using both laptops and personal computers (PCs) for their work. They often need to share large data across different floors. The company also has another office in the adjacent building with a line-of-sight view. Overall, office workers are moving continuously, and they need full connectivity and accessibility to the network at any given point in time at any place.
Describe the following advantages and disadvantages of wireless network technologies with a simple case example [word limit is 400 words].
o Energy loss
o Multipath signal noise
Your executive management is keen to know about the available wireless technologies. Your task is to select at least two of the following wireless technologies in relevance to the case scenario above:
Then you will report to your director on:
- Introduction to the selected technologies
- Use case example(s) of the selected technologies
- Technical backgrounds on the selected technologies
- Potential benefits of the selected technologies
- Security aspects of the selected technologies
- Recommendations for the business.