Students are required to use an industry-based case study of your Problem Based Learning (PBL) exercise to complete the assignment. You have to discuss the chosen case study with tutor in week 1 and 2.
You could also design your own case study to avoid any Academic Misconduct related issues, but make sure that you discuss it with the Lecturer/Tutor to check if it meets the criteria of an industry case study for the assignment.
- Project Scope and report requirements
The project scope and requirement should have a detail explanation of the planning and designing of a network. It is recommended that bullet points are included whenever necessary. Use your PBL/ tutorial findings.
The following is the scope for Assignment.
- A real-world business case study designed or chosen.
- Include points that you have gathered from case study.
- Discuss in a tabular form how the information obtained will be useful in designing the network.
- Network design and justification
- Draw a network design. Network should include the following requirements:
o 3 routers (at least)
o 4 switches
o 10 PCs
o 4 VLANs.
- Suitable IP addressing scheme in tabular form (assume as many hosts as necessary for each department). Use your MIT student ID to come up with your own IP addressing scheme (to avoid Academic Misconduct). Justify the choice of IP address.