Get Best MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice Assignment Help
Write a 1500 words Ethics Project Report for an ethical dilemma scenario provided and make a professional decision by analysing it from a range of ethical perspectives with the aim of understanding:
a) how ethics is part of your day-to-day professional practice, and
b) how your current thinking about ethical issues influences your professional practice. Please refer to the Instructions for details on how to complete this task.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to begin to explore how ethics relates to your professional life. Through reflecting on your own practice, you will develop the skill to identify and describe an ethical issue, articulate the various choices available to you and discuss how you determined what actions you should take. You will also develop your written skills by presenting a coherent description of an event, demonstrating the capacity to reflect on your behaviour. The assignment will help you to develop an ‘ethical mindset’ when making workplace decisions and learn to identify the ethical frameworks that inform those decisions.
1. Read the MIS610 Ethical Dilemma that will be in the Ethics Case Study that
will be provided in class in Week 3.
2. Reflect upon the incident discussed in the ethical dilemma scenario
3. Write a 1500 words report that comprise of:
• A short description of the workplace event. That is your interpretation of the ethical dilemma (200 words).
• A reflection on how you would decide in response to the ethical dilemma (800 words).
The following questions need to be considered in your answer:
o What do you think is the issue in this situation?
o What would your response be to this issue?
o Justify your answer – why would you respond in this way?
o What laws, ethical codes, or personal ethical stance apply to the situation?
o Why would you choose one action rather than another?
o In what ways do you think your own cultural background influenced the way you would answer this situation?
• Identify two ethical frameworks or approaches (chosen from the the frameworks and approaches discussed in class), that could have helped you with your ethical decision.
• Discuss how the frameworks might have helped you reach the same decision or a different decision as you identified above. This should include reference to two relevant reliable sources that are not part of the subject resources (500 words).
The following questions will help your reflection:
o What ethical framework (if any) did you use in reaching your original decision?
o How do the ethical frameworks you have chosen apply to the situation?
o How does a line of ethical reasoning arrive at your original decision?
o How does a line of ethical reasoning arrive at a different decision?
• You need to identify and apply the two frameworks, not describe them. Descriptions of the frameworks can be found in Module 3.1 (Utilitarian approach, Rights approach, Justice approach, Common Good approach, Virtue approach, and Egoism). Additional ethics case studies will be reviewed in class.
4. You are strongly advised to read the rubric which is an evaluation guide with criteria for grading yourassignment. This will give you a clear picture of what a successful report looks like.
You are advised to include a minimum of five (5) academic references which should be textbooks or academic journals. Appropriate websites may be used in addition to these. It is expected that you reference any lecture notes used and five additional sources in the relevant subject area based on sources and further research.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA 7 style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing in the Academic Skills webpage.
Submit this assessment via the Assessment 2 link in the main navigation menu in MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
All students are responsible for ensuring that all work submitted is their own and is appropriately referenced and academically written according to the Academic Writing Guide. Students also need to have read and be aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure and subsequent penalties for academic misconduct. These are viewable online.
Students also must keep a copy of all submitted material and any assessment drafts.
To apply for special consideration for a modification to an assessment or exam due to unexpected or extenuating circumstances, please consult the Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework and ELICOS and, if applicable to your circumstance, submit a completed Application for Assessment Special Consideration Form to your Learning Facilitator